Dissertation: “Three Essays on the Politics of Solidarity in Multiracial America”
Abstract. Note that I made the entire data anlaysis in the dissertation computationally reproducible.
- Ch2. “Racism Is Not Enough: Minority Coalition Building in San Francisco, Seattle, and Vancouver” [PDF] [GitHub]
- Accepted at the Studies in American Political Development
- Ch3. “Text as Data: Measuring Issue Preferences among Minority Groups through Ethnic Newspapers” [GitHub]
- Winner of the Don T. Nakanishi Award for Distinguished Scholarship in Asian Pacific American Politics, Western Political Science Association (2020)
“Everyday Experience, Immigrant Incorporation, and Measurement Error in Asian American Identity” (with Taeku Lee) [GitHub]
“History, Agency, and Linked Fate” (with Reuel Rogers)
- Jae Yeon Kim, “How I Accidentally Became Interested in Data Science”, D-Lab, UC Berkeley, Feb. 24, 2020.